Our goal is to reimagine the fashion business in ways that enhance the lives of our customers and of all those involved in our products’ creation.
We Build Libraries
Through our partnership with the African Library Project we were able to build two primary and one secondary school libraries for the children of our factory workers in Lesotho Africa. In total, from our offices around the USA and Europe, we collected 1,732 primary school books and 884 secondary school books. In addition to that, TechStyle made a donation to fund Librarian training for school libraries across the entire country of LESOTHO
Most African children grow up without books, while U.S. bookshelves and landfills overflow with books no longer read.
- Africa has the highest percentage of illiteracy in the world.
- Books are the key to increasing literacy, and literacy is the #1 tool out of poverty.
- Many African teachers teach reading, writing, math and English without even a single book to use as a resource.
- Many adult Africans lose their ability to read due to a lack of reading materials.
We Build Gardens
The TechStyle Fashion Group team recently took a day to build gardens at a nearby school. Philanthropic adventures bring together our teams and allow us to help local causes in a fun, social, playful environment. TechStyle and its employees regularly participate in events for local causes, raising awareness and proving the power of working together to build a stronger community.
We Help Princesses
The Cinderella Project collects gowns and accessories from communities and businesses across the country, then provides the clothing and accessories to young women so they may attend their highschool prom in style, regardless of their own financial circumstances. The project is committed to making a difference in the lives of young women who have invested in their own education by remaining in school. It’s a meaningful reward for their hard work, designed to encourage them to continue building a better future for themselves and their families.
We Give Back
The JustFab team put their emails and daily tasks aside to band together for the Goodwill Give Back Box event. Here at the JF headquarters, staffers hauled in what could best be described as the cumulative aftermath of dozens of closet purges! Breaking up with your wardrobe is not always easy. Our Director of Social Media, Natasha K., shared some really useful tips on when and how to rid your closet of items you no longer wear. For example, scuffed shoes, pilled sweaters and items you haven’t worn in the last 6 months or more are all great candidates for donation!
We Ethically Source
TechStyle sources quality materials and products from domestic and international markets. In doing so, TechStyle is committed to protecting the health, safety and interests of all workers who directly or indirectly contribute to TechStyle products, whether they’re made in the U.S. or internationally. In furtherance of this commitment, TechStyle has created social- and environmental-compliance protocols to our Ethical Sourcing Code that all vendors must follow or risk losing TechStyle contracts. The code requires, among other things, that vendors absolutely refrain from illegal child labor, provide physically safe work environments, and respect international and local environmental laws.
Our Commitment To Ensure Ethical Sourcing:
- Each vendor must enter into a comprehensive agreement under that includes our Ethical Sourcing Code, under which vendors must use legally qualified workers, pay wages that are fair and legal in their jurisdiction, and provide a safe working environment. Our code also covers issues such as time off, the right to free association, nondiscrimination, living wages, environmental protection and security, and prohibitions on the use of forced, slave or child labor.
- The TechStyle Ethical Sourcing Code was created in accordance with industry standards, local labor laws, the California Transparency in Supply Chain Act, the UN Declaration of Human Rights and the ILO Core Conventions.
- TechStyle randomly and regularly audits its third-party vendor factories to ensure they are operating lawfully and ethically. We also visit and inspect third-party vendors before beginning to do business with them, as an important first step to ensure compliance with our Ethical Sourcing Code.
- TechStyle works closely with its factory operators to help them improve and sustain consistent compliance. When we discover material violations or lesser violations that are not corrected within a reasonable time period, we may terminate business relations with that vendor.